Dennis J. DeSantis
160 Thackeray Hall
Office Loc 412-624-7500
- Doctoral Work in Administrative and Policy Studies, University of Pittsburgh
- MSIS, Information Science, University of Pittsburgh, 1987
- BA, Sociology, Villanova University, 1972
Teaching and Research Areas
E-commerce, digital imaging, effective use of information technology, customer service, student loan default aversion programs, financial literacy, process improvement methodologies.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- Book: Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans: A Desk Reference for Educational Receivables Stewardship. with David R. Glezerman, NACUBO, 2008.
- Article: “Financial literacy is good campus business,” The Greentree Gazette September, 2008: page 68.
- Article: “No Debt About It,” NACUBO Business Officer Magazine July/August 2007: page40-46.
- Article: “Microcomputers in Reengineered, Distributed Information Architecture.” with Nicholas Laudato and James G. Williams, Encyclopedia of Microcomputers. New York: Dekker Inc., 1999. Vol. 22, pp.215-286.
- Article: “Reshaping the Enterprise: Building the Next Generation of Information Systems Through Information Architecture and Process Reengineering,” with Nicholas Laudato, CAUSE/EFFECT Magazine, CAUSE, Volume 18, Number 4, Winter 1995
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
Principal, ManageTech, LLC
- Advanced Introduction to Information Science
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Management Information Systems
- System Analysis and Design
- Information Systems and Business Process Development
- Public Service Technologies
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Financial Services, University of Pittsburgh