Lisa S. Alfredson
- PhD, London School of Economics and Political Science, Departments of Social Policy/International Relations, 2000
- BA, McGill University, Departments of English Literature/Women’sStudies (Honors), 1993
Teaching and Research Areas
- Human rights politics and theory, transnational advocacy and non-state actors in world politics, globalization and international development, gender violence, refugees, children in armed conflict.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- Creating Human Rights: How Non-Citizens Made Sex Persecution Matter to the World. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2008.
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- Organizer-Faculty Review, Awards and Medals Competition for Outstanding Research on Development, Global Development Network, 2006.
- Organizer-Faculty Review, Global Academic Partnership Grant Program, UCIS, 2003-2006.
- Research Consultant, Child Soldiers Coalition, 2001-2003.
- Politics and Practice of Global Human Rights
- Advocacy by Non-governmental Organizations
- Introduction to Global Studies
- Scope and Method in Global Studies
- Human Security
- Sex and Human Security
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Associate Director of Global Studies, University Center for International Studies, University of Pittsburgh, 2003-2006.