John T.S. Keeler
Dean and Professor
- PhD, Political Science, Harvard University, 1978
- MA, Political Science, Harvard University, 1975
- BA, Political Science, University of Southern California, 1972
Teaching and Research Areas
Comparative public policy, EU politics, transatlantic relations, American foreign policy.
Select Publications and Funded Research
- “Mapping EU Studies: The Evolution from Boutique to Boom Field 1960-2001,” Journal of Common Market Studies 43 no. 3 (September 2005): 551-582.
- Co-edited with J. Howorth. Defending Europe: The EU, NATO and the Quest for European Autonomy. Palgrave Macmillian, 2003.
- Co-edited with Wyn P. Grant. Agricultural Policy, Volume I: Agricultural Policy in Western Europe and Agricultural Policy, Volume II: Agricultural Policy in Global Perspective. Edward Elgar, 2000.
- Co-edited with Martin A. Schain. Chirac’s Challenge: Liberalization, Europeanization and Malaise in France. St. Martin’s Press, 1996.
- “Agricultural Power in the European Community: Explaining the Fate of CAP and GATT Negotiations,” Comparative Politics 28 (January 1996): 127-149.
- Reformer: Les Conditions du Changement Politique. Presses Universitaires de France, 1994.
- “Opening the Window for Reform: Mandates, Crises and Extraordinary Policymaking,” Comparative Political Studies 25 (January 1993): 433-486.
- “Executive Power and Policymaking Patterns in France: Gauging the Impact of Fifth Republic Institutions,” West European Politics 16 (October 1993): 518-544.
- The Politics of Neocorporatism in France: Farmers, the State and Agricultural Policy-making in the Fifth Republic. Oxford University Press, 1987.
Consultancies, Public Service, and Awards/Honors
- President, Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA), 2010-2011
- Chair, European Union Studies Association (EUSA), 2005-2007
- Chevalier de l’Ordre des Palmes Academiques, French Ministry of National Education, 2004
- Chevalier de l’Ordre du Merite Agricole, French Ministry of Agriculture, 2001
- Consultant for “The Parliamentary Development Project for the Supreme Rada of Ukraine,” U.S. Agency for International Development, 1995
- Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Washington, 1992
Other Faculty and Academic Administration Positions
- Professor, Political Science, University of Washington at Seattle
- Director, Center for West European Studies and European Union Center of Excellence (Title VI), University of Washington at Seattle