Graduate of University of Wisconsin - Madison, PhD and JD, MacArthur Scholar, NSF Foundation grant recipient and appointee to Department of Homeland Defense Privacy and Data Integrity Committee under President Obama. Appointments in University of Pittsburgh, School of Law, Fellow in the Philosophy of Science Department and Center for Bioethics. Current research focus is on social media and internet regulation.
- International Law and Policy
- Ethics and Policy in Cyberspace
- Race, Gender, Law and Policy
- PhD UW-Madison
- JD UW-Madison
Education & Training
- Social Media and Morality: Losing Our Self Control? (Cambridge University Press, May 2018).
- America Identified: Biometric Technology and Society. (MIT Press, 2010).
- Social media
- Philosophy of technology
- Constitutional and international law
- American judicial process